Associate Telecommunication Engineer
Eagle TG is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and self-starting Associate Telecommunications Engineer to join our team.
Missing a certification for this position? Eagle TG will work with candidates that are otherwise fully qualified to help them obtain required certifications such as CompTIA Sec+, ITIL, CISSP, and other required certifications."
Compensation is based on geographical location, qualifications, and experience.
- Plan, design, and implement internal telecommunication systems, including voice, data, and/or video communication systems.
- Maintain highest levels of telecommunication security and protection from disaster.
- Analyze the needs of the organization and translate requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Conduct cost and traffic analysis to determine the best use of resources.
- Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all installations meet specifications, ensuring the resolution of problems as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience; may substitute work experience
- Ability to obtain a US government Secret clearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually as well as with cross functional teams
- Ability to lift equipment and cables, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces
- Good understanding of telecommunication principles, including layers 1-3 of the OSI model
- Experience with inside plant installations, including copper, fiber, and conduit
- Experience with outside plant installations, including copper, fiber, and conduit
- Experience conducting site surveys, completing estimates, and creating lists of materials
- Experience with Voice Over IP installations and configuration
- Experience installing Duraline fiber optics
- Experience operating a backhoe or trencher
About Eagle TG
Headquartered in New Braunfels, TX, Eagle TG is focused on delivering enterprise application architecture, project management, and telecommunications solutions to federal, state, local government, and commercial clients. We deliver information technology support, solutions, engineering, architectures, telecom cloud solutions, and engineering and consulting services to Federal Government and commercial clients. We also specialize in fiber optic solutions, Cat-6 network cabling, and all other low voltage cabling solutions.
Eagle TG is owned by the Modoc Nation of Miami, Oklahoma, a federally recognized Native American Tribe, and is a registered SBA Small Disadvantaged Business and certified 8(a) company.
At Eagle TG, we know employee well-being is important. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Generous PTO Package
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits Effective Immediately
- 401K and Immediate Company Matching
- Education Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.