Associate Systems Administrator
Eagle TG is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and self-starting Associate Systems Administrator to join our team.
Missing a certification for this position? Eagle TG will work with candidates that are otherwise fully qualified to help them obtain required certifications such as CompTIA Sec+, ITIL, CISSP, and other required certifications."
Compensation is based on geographical location, qualifications, and experience.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems and associated peripheral equipment.
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
- Perform application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Coordinate with department leadership to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software, hardware, and operating system updates.
- Develop and enhance processes and technical documentation, create back-up procedures, test plans, and reports.
- Prioritize and respond to requests for service and may provide escalation support to help desk staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience; may substitute work experience
- Ability to obtain a US government Secret clearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually as well as with cross functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and apply new technologies as required
- Working knowledge of Redhat Linux or similar operating system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server operating system
- Working knowledge of network security features and operation, such as firewalls and access control lists
- Working knowledge of scripting
- Experience with Air Mobility Command (AMC), US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) or Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) business, C2, or IT systems
- Experience with IT systems requirements, analysis, and engineering
- Comptia Security+ certification
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud service provider operations
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Apache
- Experience with automation build tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
About Eagle TG
Headquartered in New Braunfels, TX, Eagle TG is focused on delivering enterprise application architecture, project management, and telecommunications solutions to federal, state, local government, and commercial clients. We deliver information technology support, solutions, engineering, architectures, telecom cloud solutions, and engineering and consulting services to Federal Government and commercial clients. We also specialize in fiber optic solutions, Cat-6 network cabling, and all other low voltage cabling solutions.
Eagle TG is owned by the Modoc Nation of Miami, Oklahoma, a federally recognized Native American Tribe, and is a registered SBA Small Disadvantaged Business and certified 8(a) company.
At Eagle TG, we know employee well-being is important. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Generous PTO Package
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits Effective Immediately
- 401K and Immediate Company Matching
- Education Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.