Information Systems Architect
Red Cedar TG TG is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and self-starting Apprentice Information Systems Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture Team in O’Fallon, IL.
Missing a certification for this position? Red Cedar TG will work with candidates that are otherwise fully qualified to help them obtain required certifications such as CompTIA Sec+, ITIL, CISSP, and other required certifications."
- As part of a team, develop business and system architectures within the organization's architectural framework.
- Capture and document user and business process requirements.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Capture and document the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Analyze business processes and system architecture to identify opportunities for improvement and re-engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience; may substitute work experience
- Ability to obtain a US government Secret clearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually as well as with cross functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Air Mobility Command (AMC), US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) or Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) business, C2, or IT systems
- Exposure to IT systems requirements, analysis, and engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Exposure to enterprise architecture frameworks such as DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), or The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Exposure to Business Process Modeling Notation, flow charting, or other process mapping approaches
About Red Cedar TG
Headquartered in New Braunfels, TX, Red Cedar TG is focused on delivering enterprise application architecture, project management, and telecommunications solutions to federal, state, local government, and commercial clients. We deliver information technology support, solutions, engineering, architectures, telecom cloud solutions, and engineering and consulting services to Federal Government and commercial clients. We also specialize in fiber optic solutions, Cat-6 network cabling, and all other low voltage cabling solutions.
Red Cedar TG is owned by the Modoc Nation of Miami, Oklahoma, a federally recognized Native American Tribe, and is a registered SBA Small Disadvantaged Business and certified 8(a) company.
At Red Cedar TG, we know employee well-being is important. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Generous PTO Package
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits Effective Immediately
- 401K and Immediate Company Matching
- Education Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.